The LMA hold accredited Music Board examinations every term for both its own students and external students. We enter students into all the major examination boards for their examinations and fill in and prepare all the necessary paperwork on your behalf.
Exam boards we use are:
- London College of Music
- Orange Music Education
Summer Exam Series 2017
Practical instrument exams: 12th June - 15th July
Entry deadine: 5th May
Music Theory Exam: Saturday 17th June - 10.00am (one date only)
Entry deadline: 5th May
Practical instrument exams: 1st May to 31st July 2017
Entry deadine: 1st April 2017
Please note that students entering into exams will be notified of their specific dates and times approx 4 weeks before the exam is due to take place.
- The teacher will determine when the student is ready to take an exam.
- The student must commit to putting in the practice suggested by the teacher.
- Students that have been entered into an exam but fail to sufficiently prepare may be pulled out of an exam and if this is the case, fees will not be refunded.
- The exam entry fee must be paid by the deadline set by the LMAT Exams Officer to secure entry. This fee is non refundable (includes £5 admin fee).
- LMAT will take over all administration involved in the exam entry for you.
- Windwood/strings and some singing exams require accompaniment which we can provide at an extra fee set by the accompanist.
- Exam times/days are assigned by exam boards and are usually during school time. Please be aware that these dates cannot be changed, therefore if the student is unable to attend, the exam fee is lost as is the policy of the examination board.
- Exams may be held at LMAT/Loughton or another venue.
- You may enter your child for an exam yourself at any point if you wish.